Name:Teachers’s Emotions and Wellbeing -workshop
Description: The workshop has been piloted with teacher students in teacher education programme in Haaga-Helia.
The learning outcomes of the workshop are:
- to understand the importance of teachers’ emotions in teaching situations
- to become aware of the importance of teacher’s wellbeing and how to support it
Working in the workshop is organized to follow ‘think-pair-share’ –process. Also drama pedagogical methods can be used.
- think alone (drama walk)
- talk with your pair
- share in a team of three or four persons
- discuss wellbeing; what do you do for your wellbeing, what is done in teacher communities
- create table of ‘golden rules’ for teacher’s wellbeing
Hagenauer, G & Volet, S. E. ‘‘I don’t hide my feelings, even though I try to’’: insight into teacher educator emotion display. Aust. Educ. Res. (2014) 41:261–281
Postareff, L. 2018. University teachers’ emotions, well-being and pedagogical competence. Keynote, Pedaforum-conference
Teacher’s Ethical principles. https://www.oaj.fi/en/education/ethical-principles-of-teaching/teachers-values-and-ethical-principles/
Contact person: Liisa Vanhanen-Nuutinen, Haaga-Helia