Here’s a checklist that coach should run through before interview. ….
- Before the interview
- During the interview… (Time, if it’s group: everyone’s ideas??)
- After the interview (Write a memo and ask management their comments??)
History of their company
Firstly, we should achieve managers to start consciously think over the history of their company. Questions could be:
- Please tell me the story of your company from the very beginning!
- What kind of business environment was your company founded in?
- Has anything changed since then?
- Have you had hard times?
- How could you overcome it?
- What have you learned from it?
- What were/are your weaknesses?
- What were/are your strenghts?
- What kind of threats are now/in the future in your business area?
- What kind of opportunities are now/in the future in your business area?
Mission, aims, and strategy of the company
Secondly, start thinking on competences derived from mission, aims, and strategy of the company.
- Questions could be:
- What is the mission of your company?
- What are the aims of your company?
- What is the link between the mission and aims?
- Have you got strategy?
- Is it derived from the mission and aims of your company?
- Are above mentioned things harmonized at your company?
- What are the strategical challenges of your company?
- How have strategic challenges influence on your operations?
- How do strategic challenges appear in your aims and everyday work?
- I there anything you traditionally know and can do well in business?
- What are your challenges lately?
- Can you manage these challenges?
- What could you do better?
Questions to ask from directors and middle management about: strategy, customer, …
- Where we’ve been successful?
- What we traditionally know how well?
- What are the organization’s strategic challenges?
- How to strategic challenges affect our operations?
- How to strategic challenges appear in the objectives and work?
- What kind of knowledge-related factors include strategies?
- What are the strategies of the organization represent a challenge in terms of skills needs by the year 2017?
- What should people know really well?
- Why it important for our business to create competence?
As a competency coach you lead group discussion and write a memo.
Points to tell about method before striating in this discussion … (time table, rules, …)
You are one of the member of a real group discussion. Take the initiative to participate and contribute your thoughts. Express your positive attitude towards providing the solution.