- Before Connect meeting, test your computer and networks. (Install Flash Player if needed.)
- Make sure that you plug in both web camera (if you tend to use it) and headset before turning on the computer. If not, your voice cannot be heard. We strongly recommend using USB headset!
- You will get the address to Connect meeting room by e-mail. Enter the Connect meeting room half an hour in advance so you have time to make sure everything works.
- Enter as guest: type your name and click Enter room.
- The very first thing to do is to test audio devices. Select Meeting > Manage My Settings > Audio Setup wizard from the menu bar.
- Step 0: The Welcome page of the Audio Setup wizard appears. Click Next to begin testing your sound output.
- Step 1: On the Sound Output page, click Test. A sound sample plays from your headset. Adjust volume. Click Next.
- Step 2: On the Select Microphone page, select your microphone type from the pop-up menu. It is recommended to use USB headset! Click Next.
- Step 3: On the Test Microphone page, click Record to test your microphone. In the dialog box that appears, click Allow to allow Macromedia Breeze Meeting to access your camera and microphone. Your microphone works ok if you see a bar moving when you scratch the microphone. Click Next.
- Step 4: On the Tune Silence Level page, click Silence. Remain silent until progress is complete. Breeze sets a microphone sound level that compensates for background noise in your environment. Click Next.
- Step 5: Audio Setup Wizard is now finished. Click Finish.
We offer testing times on Tuesdays at 16:00-16:30 where you can test your connections and get to know Adobe Connect better.
The address to the Testing Room is: https://connect.funet.fi/testaus